PSG has remained among the favorites to win the Champions League despite the vicious game that Parisians showed against Liverpool at the start of the race earlier this month. The loss of 3: 2 from Merseyside remains the only wrong step of the “blue-red” since the start of the new season. Under the leadership of Thomas Tywell, PSG has 9 wins in 10 official matches and continues to dominate the French championship.
The Red Star impressed with a hearty game against Napoli in the first group game, finishing 0: 0. “Stars” have shown solid defense in European tournaments since last season, when they did not get a goal in their Europa League group games. The SSW class over Serbs is bigger in each position, but we do not expect an extraordinary victory for the hosts precisely because of the compactness in defense of the guests
PSG – Red Star – Previous Matches
- The match on Wednesday will be the first between PSG and Red Star in the Champions League.
- PSG and Crvena Zvezda have played a friendly match between themselves in 2010, finishing 1: 1 in a draw and winning the Serbs after shooting.
PSG – Red Star – Statistics
- PSG has no loss as a host in the group stage of the Champions League since December 2004 when losing against CSKA Moscow with 1: 3 (14 wins, 4 equal).
- PSG has lost its last 4 Champions League games, allowing at least 2 hits in each match.
- Parisians did not fail to write at least once in their last 17 European performances.
- Serbian club has no victory in France in a tournament organized by UEFA (3 draws, 16 losses).
- Red Star has no win over French team in the last 10 games (3 draws, 7 losses).
- The “Stars” kept a dry network in the last three games of the Europa League group stage last season.
PSG – Red Star – ODDs
PSG – Red Star – News
Veteran Lassana Diarra continues to suffer injuries and is questionable about the match on Wednesday. Juan Bernat was recovered from an injury and was even included in the Parisian group at the weekend. Both PSV title-winning finalists Leyvin Kurzava and Danny Alves remain outside the squad because of injuries. Gianluigi Buffon will not take part in the match as he suffers a penalty for his red card in the match against Real Madrid with the Juventus team in last year’s tournament.
Vujadin Savić and Nikola Stojiljković are still out of the Red Star because of injuries.