Group C looks brutal, with England’s Liverpool up until now after a dramatic late 3-2 victory over Anfield’s PSE. Napoli, however, was forced to leave with three points in Belgrade, but as expected, there was a difficult game there, and Ancelotti was unable to lie to the tough Serbs who deserved their point. The victorious series of “Merseysiders” was halted in two consecutive Chelsea matches, while Napoli retreated to Juventus in Saturday’s Serie A derby.
The presentation of Napoli under Carlo Ancelotti is not enough for the team to counteract the big teams in Europe. Liverpool is a sleeping grandmother who wakes up more and more every season. The English play very hurriedly, and Clap will want his players to return to the winning road.
Napoli – Liverpool – Previous Matches
- The two teams were in one Europa League group in the 2010/11 season.
- The Naples meeting ended with zero draw and Liverpool won home 3: 1.
- In early August, the English team defeated their opponent with a 5: 0 friendly match
Napoli – Liverpool – Statistics
- Napoli won only 2 of his last 9 Champions League games, losing 6 of them.
- Neapolitanians failed to score in only 3 out of 29 matches in this tournament.
- As a host Napoli has 16 wins, 6 draws and 4 losses in European club tournaments.
- The Italians have 5 wins, draws and 2 losses since the start of the season.
- Liverpool lost only once and won 3 times in 6 away games in the last edition of the tournament and scored 20 goals in total
- The Reds were in a series of seven consecutive wins of the new season before meeting Chelsea.
- The two teams managed to score in 7 of the last 10 visits of “Merseysides”.
- Diris Mertens was involved in 9 of the last 14 goals in the Champions League for his team, marking 6 of them.
- Roberto Firmino is Liverpool’s star in this tournament with 11 goals and 7 assists in just 14 games with a red jersey.
Napoli – Liverpool – ODDs
Napoli – Liverpool – News
The Lazaretta of both teams has not changed for weeks. Napoli injured are Amine Yunes, Alex Merret, Vlad Kirikesh, and Fuzi Goulam. Diver Oregi, Adam Lalana, and Alex Oksley-Chamberlain are injured for the English Grand Prix.