Manchester United has been in terrible form since the start of the season. After the victory over Leicester in the first round, “Red Devils” failed to find balance in their game. Jose Mourinho’s team recorded their worst start in the history of the Premier League with just 10 points in 7 rounds. The situation in United resembles the last season of the Portuguese in Chelsea when Mourinho was fired after a series of losses.
The situation in Newcastle is also not pink. “Swords” have been without a win since the beginning of the season and have only 2 points in their assets, coming from two draws with Crystal Palace and Cardiff. Rafael Benitez’s successes in Newcastle have built on solid defense, but there is no sign of it. Newcastle has scored two or more goals in all its losses so far and has failed to meet its rivals. Although United is in a terrible form we expect a victory for the hosts. Rommel Lukaku likes to score against Newcastle, and Jose Mourinho’s teams always beat this rival as a host.
Manchester United – Newcastle – Previous Matches
Manchester United lost only once against Newcastle in the previous 36 Old Trafford matches from all of the tournaments. In 3 of the last 6 games between the two teams are scored over 2.5 goals.
Manchester United – Newcastle – Statistics
- Manchester United has only 3 losses in its last 38 games as a host in the Premier League.
- For the first time in Premier League history, Manchester United started 10 points after the first 7 rounds.
- Jose Mourinho has won all home games against Newcastle as manager of Chelsea and Manchester United.
- Romeo Lukaku has 6 goals and 4 assists against Newcastle.
- Newcastle is the second team against whom the Red Devils have made the most turns (7 against Southampton 8).
- “The Magpies” are in a series of 7 games without losing.
Manchester United – Newcastle – ODDs
Manchester United – Newcastle – News
Ander Herrera, Ashley Young and Marcos Rojo are still out of the Red Devils for injuries. We’re going to find out if Jesse Lingard will be able to take part in the meeting.
Paul Dummett, Florian Leung, Federico Fernandez and Salomon Rondon are still out of Newcastle due to various injuries.