Finally, the time has come for the long-awaited match of the group stage of the Champions League. Cristiano Ronaldo returns to the pitch of the team that brought him into the big European football. A match is expected to be the first place in the group. So far, Juventus has a full share of points after defeating Men Boys (3: 0) and Valencia (2: 0). Manchester United started with a 3-0 victory in Switzerland, but then dashed home against the “bats” at zero draw.
In the early Saturday game of English football, the Red Devils were seconds away from Stamford Bridge’s full success, but they only went with a point from there. Juventus interrupted the series of 10 consecutive wins after a surprising home draw with Genoa.
Rarely Manchester is an outsider in his duels, and even more so when they are at “Olef Trafford”. This is the case for the upcoming match. None of the two grandchildren will want to lose, and both teams know how to defend themselves in big games. The match will not be very effective and will most likely be solved by a magical moment.
Manchester United – Juventus – Results
The last match between the two teams was friendly in 2014, and the Juventus 2-1 winner. As far as the Champions League is concerned, then there are 8 matches. In them the victories are 3 for the team and the draws are 2. Manchester United won the previous 3 games in the tournament and no defeat in the last 4 fights.
It is interesting to note that all three victories for the bikonkers have a score of 1: 0. In 4 of the matches the total number of goals was under 2.5 goals, while in the rest 4 – Over 2.5. Juventus also managed to write off at his four Old Trafford, but only won the first.
Manchester United – Juventus – Statistics
- Interestingly, in each of the previous six times when the two teams met in Europe, one of the two teams reached the finish of the race.
- Manchester United kept a dry net in the first two games of the race.
- Paul Pogba will face his former team for the first time after his transfer to Manchester United.
- Juventus lost only 2 of its last 23 matches in the group stage of the Champions League and 14 of the matches were won.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored five goals and scored two assists in six games against teams he played in the Champions League, including Manchester United.
- Juventus has scored at least two hits in six of the previous seven matches in the tournament.
Manchester United – Juventus – ODDs
*Odds are real at the time the forecast is published.