Eintracht launched the group stage of the Europa League with a victory over Marseille. The French controlled the events on the pitch in the course of the entire game, but the Frankfurt Eagles were smarter and reached the three points after the second half. The victory was recorded as number eight in the last 11 teams in Europe.
Lazio also surprisingly reached the three points against Apollon Limassol. Simone Inzaghi gave a break to some of his players, but that did not affect the game of his team. Before the loss of Roma at the weekend, the Roman Eagles were in great shape with six consecutive wins in all tournaments. Lazio’s presentation in recent weeks makes us think that guests will not leave Germany empty-handed. Eintracht faces defense problems and fails to keep a dry net in six consecutive battles. Lazio has a great attack and scored at least two goals in 3 of its previous 4 games.
Eintracht – Lazio – Statistics
- The match on Thursday will be the first between Eintracht Frankfurt and Lazio.
- Eintracht won eight of his last 11 European matches.
- The hosts scored at least 2 hits in 11 of their last 12 Europa League matches.
- Eintracht Frankfurt has 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses against Italian teams.
- Lazio has 6 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses against German teams.
- Lazio lost only 1 of 29 previous matches in the Europa League group stage.
- In 5 of the last 6 games of Europe’s Roman Eagles, over 2.5 goals have been scored.
Eintracht – Lazio – ODDs
Eintracht – Lazio – News
Carlos Salcedo, Timothy Chandler and David Abraham missed the Eintracht match for injuries. Jetro Willems will not take part in the match because of the red card he received against Marseille.
We expect to see rotation in the composition of Simone Inzaghi. Lazio’s late defenders, Jordan Lukaku and Stefan Radu, are still out of the squad for injuries.