Deportivo Alaves is one of the pleasant surprises in La Liga so far. The team is only 2 points from the top and takes the temporary 6th position with 4 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats. In the last weekend of the Spanish championship, Alaves threw the home-grown bomb over Real Madrid in 95 minutes.
The break for international meetings is a chance for Celta to shake off a series of bad results. Alaves, however, is the team in shape and the success of the Royal Club certainly gives them an extra confidence to the good start. The meeting can end in any direction, but we do not think Celta is the favorite in the game, at least not as much as the bookmakers appreciate.
Celta Vigo – Alaves – Results
In the last 10 meetings of this rivalry the forces are almost level. The victories are 5: 4 in favor of Celta Vigo, and the draw is one. In 6 of these matches, both teams managed to score, and 1: 0 home win is the most common result. The Vigo team lost only 2 times in 14 home games this season. Celta has won the last 3 championships on their own pitch.
Celta Vigo – Alaves – Statistics
- Celta had no defeat in 15 home games, but there were 9 draws in them.
- The team from Vigo and Barcelona are the two teams with a goal in every match since the beginning of the season in the Spanish elite division.
- The “light-blue” cascades hit 7 of the 8 rounds so far.
- Alaves managed to score a goal in 6 consecutive games from La Liga, but the team did not score in 7 consecutive matches since 2002.
- The team has 5 wins and 4 losses in the previous 10 away games in the first level in Spanish football.
- The players of Deportivo Alaves did not score a goal in visiting just against Valladolid this season.
- Last 5 of Alaves’s goals so far fell after a head shot.
Celta Vigo – Alaves – ODDs
Celta Vigo – Alaves – News
Home center defender Nestor Araujo received 2 yellow cards and red against Sevilla respectively, so he must be punished. With injuries in the host camp are Mathias Jensen, Robert Mazan, Emre Mor, and the top scorer of the team with 4 hits Maximiliano Gomez, who is under question for the match.
Alaves’s top defender of the past season, Rodrigo Ely, is still being cured. With injury in the ankle are striker Patrick Twumasi and the holder under the door Fernando Pacheco.