Matching between two stakes is always a prerequisite for a spectacle. Bayern München and Ajax are two of the most successful European football clubs, and their philosophy is built around the total domination of the pitch and the attacking game. Both teams started in the Champions League with victories and the expected battle between them will determine which team will take the first place in group E, and expect an easier draw for the next phase.
The Bavarians started the season hard but in the last two games they showed symptoms of hesitation in defense. The German champion lost 2:0 to Hertha on the weekend, and earlier this week finished 1: 1 at home with Augsburg. Despite the bad results, Bayern was dangerous in attack and managed to create a large number of goal positions that were simply not realized.
Ajax lost the PSB derby in the Netherlands, played on September 23 and at least at first sight will not be able to fight for the first place in Eredivisie. The team’s attack, however, has worked well and the glorious Dutch team managed to score 19 goals in their last 6 games. We expect Ajax strikers to take advantage of Bayern’s defensive mistakes and to witness the exchange of hits in the game.
Bayern Munich – Ajax- Previous Matches
- Bayern Munich has 2 wins against Ajax, and the other two matches between the two teams end in a draw.
- The last match between the two teams of Allianz Arena ended 4-0 in favor of the Bavarians.
- Ajax failed to write in both of his visits to Munich.
- In 3 out of 4 matches between the two teams scored more than 2.5 goals.
Bayern Munich – Ajax – Statistics
- Bayern Munich lost just once as host in the last 25 team matches in the group stage of the Champions League.
- The Bavarians were not defeated by the Dutch team of the Allianz Arena in the Champions League (7 wins, 2 draws).
- Robert Lewandowski has scored 22 goals in the previous 22 home games with Bayern Munich’s T-shirt in the tournament.
- Ajax has not lost in his last 9 Champions League games.
- The last victory for Ajax as a guest at the most prestigious European club tournament is in October 2011. against Dynamo Zagreb (4 equal, 6 losses since then).
- Superjoden coach Eric Ten Hag was in charge of the Bayern reserves in the 2013-2015 season.
Bayern Munich – Ajax – News
Both teams have a long list of injured players. Bayern’s French talents Correntin Tolizo and Kingsley Commander missed the match because of a knee and ankle injury. Raffina gets an injury in the match against Bayer Leverkusen in mid-September and will also watch the match from the Allianz Arena rostrum. The new addition of the Bavarians Leon Loretta remains questionable.
There are half a dozen players in Ajax who are traumatized. Joel Veltmann is still out of the Dutch team after he has not recovered from the knee injury he received late last season. Azor Matusivva, Daley Sincgraven, Franky de Jong and Zakaria El Azusi are still in question.